Thursday, December 6, 2007

Laundry Communications Banned!

I am sorry to point out that communication with the neighbours has been 'Offically' banned, using the years old method of...  'Washing Line Semaphore' Yes folks, in the local rag last weekend, the shaking of blankets out of the window and placing washing on an external line is no longer allowed or legal.

The powers that be have sussed out two disadvantages to them. The first is no-one can decode the secret messages passed from neighbour to neighbour (sometimes several blocks away) and since being hard to monitor, they lose money and ease of monitoring us, since we are not using the telephone network!

So for those that wondered if there was any messages in the washing line layout, here is a sample of messages sent by 'Laundry Post' - 'Coming round for coffee?' = odd sock, skirt, T-shirt, and blue jeans. - 'The caretaker is on a rampage' = black trousers, red blouse, green shirt, leggings and 3 odd socks. - 'In bed with my lover- let me know when husband gets near' = coloured sheet, patterned tablecloth and blue slacks'. As to the shaking of bedding out the window, the simple message was... 'Coast is clear, my lover has gone now'

Just a sample of the coded Laundry messages, forever assigned to memory lane now, decades of secret messages, now destined to the phone lines and monitoring equipment.

Sorry, can't decode the undies and stockings message for you - it isn't clean (chuckle)

 

Coming tomorrow... 'Shoe Leather Steaks'

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me giggle (Boy, did I need to laugh). 1 pair of stockings. No knickers, over and out.

Sabrina x

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me giggle (Boy, did I need to laugh). 1 pair of stockings. No knickers, over and out.

Sabrina x

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me giggle (Boy, did I need to laugh). 1 pair of stockings. No knickers, over and out.

Sabrina x

Anonymous said...

Oops. I've posted thrice... silly me, not very good at this techno stuff.

Sabrina x