The greatest advent of Google is that you are always connected wherever you go and able to access your account via the omnipresent Google cloud.
The list has been broken down into several sections to make it easier for those beginning their Google experience and those who want to augment their abilities.
Google has many well-known and some lesser-known products that everyone who uses Google should be familiar with. Whether you are practicing social networking as an Internet user, or as a professional you will need to know Google well to share information and continue to get others involved as Googlers.
These are just some of the Google Products that are designed to make your surfing of the Internet more enjoyable and productive for you. Many of these products are very useful aids for helping you to keep up to date with your postings on the Internet.
- Google Account - Signing-up once here and creating a single Google account will give you access to all of Google's products, features, and services.
- Google Mail or Gmail - For sending and receiving email.
- Google Top Searches - More search options to help you research more accurately
- Google Hot Trends - With Google Trends, you can compare the world's interest in your favorite topics.
- Google Blog Search - Blog Search is Google search technology focused on blogs.
- Google Web History - Keeps a record of your Internet use while logged into your account.
- Google News Search - Need more information on a theme or topic? News Search will look for you.
- Google News Archive Search Allows you to search and explore historical archives.
- Google Image Search -Need an image for your project? Image Search will speed up the search for you.
- Google Reader - Google Reader constantly checks your favorite news sites, RSS feeds, and blogs for new content.
- iGoogle - Your own personalized Google user interface page that promotes searches and your selected content.
- Google Video - A collection of 'User Videos' that may or may not be on 'YouTube.' And also a place where users can host their videos.
- Google Alerts - Email updates (web, news, etc.) based on your choice of query or topic.
- Google Calendar - A very useful aid that effectively reduces scrap paper and never gets lost, use it in combination with other Google products.
- Google Docs - Create and share documents on-line. This product allows the creation of documents similar to Microsoft Word and Excel. Very easy to use and permits users work together at the same time despite time zone differences.
- Google Custom Search Engine - Create your own custom search engine for your external hosted website.
- Google Sites - Allows users to create and host their own website.
- Google Talk - Instant communications, a simple fast chat and messenger program.
- Google Chrome -Google's browser software, its fast, simple and secure.
- Google Adsense - Google AdSense matches ads to your site's content, and you earn money whenever your visitors click on them.
- Google Earth - Google Earth lets you travel almost anywhere on Earth to view satellite imagery, maps, and terrain.
- Google Gadget Ventures - Google Gadget Ventures is a new Google pilot program dedicated to helping developers create richer, more useful Google Gadgets.
- Google Grants - The Google Grants program supports organisations to help the world in areas such as science and technology, education, global public health, the environment, youth advocacy, and the arts.
- Google Code University - Provides tutorials and sample course content so CS students and educators can learn more about current computing technologies and paradigms.
- Google Ad Words - Display Ad Builder for website advertising.
- Google Analytics - Google Analytics is the enterprise-class web analytics solution that gives you rich insights into your website traffic and marketing effectiveness.
- Google Data Protocol - The Google Data Protocol is a REST-inspired technology for reading, writing, and modifying information on the web.
- Google Maps API -
- Google Base - Simply describe your items on Base to make them as easy as possible for people to find when they search.
- Google Research - Google’s mission and the enormous scale of Google’s operation lead to fundamental questions in Computer Science and Engineering; the technical excitement of this, and the real and practical benefit we can bring to Google’s users through our integrated approach, all contribute to the excitement of doing research at Google.
Branded Products Owned by Google
- Blogger -Access thousands of blogs and search through them for useful postings - Or, start your own.
- Youtube -A collection of 'User Videos' that may not be on 'Google Video'.
- Picasa - An off-line | on-line tool for organizing and editing your photos and images.
- FeedBurner - Great program to creating, directing and making feeds and blogged information go all over the place.Supports RSS 2.0 and Atom and more.
- Gears - Gears is an open source project that enables more powerful web applications, by adding new features to your web browser: