Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Anybody Suffer From This - AAADD ???

Boffin1157sblog

 
SUBJECT: A_A_A_D_D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder

This is how it manifests itself...   I decide to water my garden.
 
As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide it needs washing. 
As I head towards the garage, I notice that there is mail on the porch table that I got from the mailbox earlier. 
 
I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car. I lay the car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the rubbish bin under the table, and notice that the bin is full.
 
So, I put the bills back on the table and take the rubbish out first. But then I think, since I'm going to be near the post box when I take out the rubbish, I may as well pay the bills first.
 
So I take my chequebook off the table, and see there is only one cheque left. My new chequebook is in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking.
 
I'm going to look for my cheques, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. I see that the Coke is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.
 
As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase flowers catches my eye... they need watering. I set the Coke down on the desk and I find my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning. 

I decide I'd better put them back on, but first I decide to water the flowers. I put my glasses back down on the desk, fill a container with water and suddenly I spot the TV remote. Someone had left it on the kitchen table.
 
I realise that tonight when watch TV, I will be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the lounge where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.
 
I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit spills on the floor.
So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spilt water.

Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do. At the end of the day:

* The car hasn't been washed.
* The bills haven't been paid.
* There is a warm can of Coke sitting on the table.
* The flowers don't have enough water.
* The floor is soaked.
* There is still only one cheque in my cheque book. 
* I can't find the remote control.
* I can't find my glasses.
* I don't remember what I did with the car keys.
* The garden is flooded.
 
Then when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really puzzled, because I know I was busy all day long, and that I'm really tired. I realise this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.
 
Do me a favour, will you? Forward this message to everyone you know, because I don't remember who it has been sent to.
 
Don't laugh, if this isn't you yet, your day is near!
 
Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional, laughing at yourself is very therapeutic!
 
A, B, Catch you later dear reader... ?



Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: