Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Monday Morning Feeling - EVERYDAY?


Boffin1157 - Blogs 4 You

↑ Grab this Headline Animator


ANYBODY suffering from this? Please let me know...
 
SUBJECT: A A A D D. - Age-Activated-Attention-Deficit-Disorder

This is how it manifests itself:
 
I decide to water my garden.
 
As I turn on the hose in the garden, glancing at the car I decide it needs washing. 

As I head to the garage, I notice some letters in the letter box that have recently arrived.
 
So I decide to check the post before washing the car.
 
I enter the house, put the car keys on the table and the junk mail in the bin - It is full of rubbish.
 
So, putting the unpaid bills on the table I decide to take out the rubbish first.
 
However, logic hits me, since the post box is not far from the dustbin, I may as well pay the bills first and post them.  Emptying the bin on the way.
 
I take my cheque book off the table, and see that there is only one cheque in it.
 
My new cheque book is in my desk, so I go to the study and find a can of drink I had started earlier in the day. 
 
Looking for my cheques I push the drink and accidentally knock it, seeing it has warmed in the Sunshine I decide to put it in the fridge to cool down a bit. 
 
Heading towards the kitchen I notice a vase of flowers that needs watering.
 
Putting my drink down beside them, I find my glasses that had been placed there earlier and had been hunting for all morning. 

Before watering the flowers I head back to the study to put my glasses on my desk. However, I had better water the flowers first.

Placing my glasses back down and entering the kitchen to get some water for the flowers. I notice the TV remote control has been left on the kitchen table. 
 
When we go to watch TV, I will be looking for the  remote, but I will not remember it is on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the lounge for later in the day...

First I water the flowers,pouring some in the vase, quite a bit of it spills on the floor.
 
So, I set the remote back down on the table, get a cloth and wipe up the spilt water.
 
Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I  was planning to do in the first place. 
 
At the end of the day...

 * The car isn't washed.
 * The bills aren't paid.
 * There is a warm can of Drink in the hall.
 * The flowers don't have enough water.
 * The floor is soaked.
 * There is still only one cheque in my cheque book. 
 * I can't find the remote.
 * I can't find my glasses.
 * I don't remember what I did with the car keys.
 * The garden is flooded.
 
Then when I try to figure out why nothing got done  today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired. I realise this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail. 
 
Do me a favour, will you?
 
Forward this message to everyone you know, because I  do not remember who I have sent this to.
 
Don't laugh! if it has not happened to you - it will, your turn will come! 
 
GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY. GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL. LAUGHING AT YOURSELF IS THERAPEUTIC!

A, B, Catch you later dear reader!

   

No comments: